GPG is a community group based in Penarth, South Wales.
Grwp Cymunedol yw GPG – gweithio i hyrwyddo cynaliadwyedd ym Mhenarth.
We aim to raise awareness of climate issues and look at ways that we can all live a more sustainable life.
What We Do
Gwyrddio Penarth Greening (GPG) is a group of local volunteers working towards improving the environment and building a sustainable community in Penarth.
GPG has developed lots of projects over the last 10 years including Shop Penarth, Plastic Free Penarth, Access Penarth, and more recently Benthyg Penarth and Penarth Growing Community. GPG has planted an orchard in Cosmeston and at the Kymin and organised lots of local events promoting sustainability.
In 2020 we wanted to engage with more people in the local community to develop local solutions to our environmental & climate challenges. At Penarth 2020 we agreed on some new priorities to take forward.
Our Priorities for 2020
Following a successful Penarth 2020 event, with almost 100 members of the community attending, we want to focus on 5 new projects. Please get in touch if you would like to get involved!
These projects are:
1. A Green Directory for Penarth
2. A Library of Things
3. Community renewable energy
4. Community planting & growing
5. A book swap scheme
News & Events
- Penarth CommunityFEST Celebrating local community sustainability action! Saturday 30 October, 10-2 @ West House Local people, local projects, local food, sharing together Come and find out what’s happening locally & find out more about the new Benthyg in Penarth, Penarth Growing Community & Growing TogetherContinue reading “Penarth CommunityFEST “
- GPG – AGM & new membersGPG’s AGM will take place on Thursday 16 September at 6pm. We will either meet online (on zoom, via this link) or if circumstances allow switch to an in-person (preferably outdoor) meeting. Details will be updated if we do. The formal AGMContinue reading “GPG – AGM & new members”
- Library of Things comes to PenarthPenarth embraces sustainability with a place to donate things you own but don’t need and borrow things you need but don’t own. A new Library of Things will launch in Penarth town centre in April, giving local residents the opportunityContinue reading “Library of Things comes to Penarth”