- The potential for your own roof
- Things you should know if considering putting PV panels on your own roof.
- The potential for a Solar Co-op (This would let people share ownership of a PV system on for example a school roof and get a good return on their investment. )
Thursday, 1st September, 2011, 6pm in The Windsor Arms. All welcome!
For your own roof
- What is involved
- Is your roof suitable?
- What it might cost
- What maintenance is needed
- What money you can make back from free electricity
- What money you can make from Feed in Tariff (FIT) payments
- What money you can make from selling electricity to the grid
- Issues with insurance and selling your house
- Energy and CO2 payback times
- Picking an installer and what panels to install
For the Solar Co-op
- Examples of working energy co-ops
- What a Solar Co-op could mean for Penarth
- Legal structure
- Community shares issues and dividend payments
- Choice of roof
- how larger scale systems compare with smaller ones
- Where we are now
- What next
Questions and discussion….