Top Tips for a guilt-free celebration…
- Shop In Penarth
- Concerned about using wrapping paper? – try making your own paper bags from newspaper, wrapping in fabric or second-hand scarves, or re-usable evergreenwrap.com
- Presents? Check out Eco Home Centre, Canton www.ecohomecentre.co.uk (2037 3094). Try local craftspeople www.madeinpenarth.co.uk
- Trees – plastic or real? Look at www.fairwindonline.com (trees, decorations & gifts)
- Defrost the freezer before Christmas – saves energy.
- Leave the car at home for 1 day during the holiday and turn the TV off for just one day.
- Eat a little less meat (preferably reared and bought locally).
- Avoid buying bottled water.
- Recycle all your Christmas waste.
- Switch to a green energy supplier.
- Boxing Day – wake up and congratulate yourself for having done something positive about Climate Change.
New Year’s Resolution? Think of a green one and add it below.